If you are looking to maximize your impact and influence especially in this new media world, then you can look no further than from this episode’s awesome guest.
For the Gen X Amplified inaugural episode, we kick things off right with a chat with the one and only Chris Brogan.
Subscribe to Gen X Amplified!
Chris is the CEO of Owner Media Group, a sought after public speaker, and the New York Times bestselling author of eight books, and currently working on his forthcoming book: Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions.
Chris has consulted with the biggest brands you know, including Disney, Coke, Google, GM, and many more. He’s appeared on the Dr. Phil Show, interviewed Richard Branson for a cover story for Success magazine, and once even presented to a Princess.
Forbes listed Chris as one of the Must Follow Marketing Minds of 2014, plus listed his website as one of the 100 best websites for entrepreneurs.
During this episode, we discuss many valuable insights, including focusing on doing for others as leader, and the importance of writing multiple ideas, reading, and taking action as a business leader.
We also get to hear Chris sneak in a line from a famous 1990s sitcom opening theme!
Key Highlights From This Episode:
- How branding is really about defining “who you are” and people relating to your personal story
- Why the best leaders are really “servant leaders.”
- How instant gratification for content is now the norm – and why Gen Xers must pay attention
- Why people may be looking for even more real leadership than before
- Why generational labels can be important, but individuality should still co-exist
- What the generation after Gen Z may be called?
- The reasons why Chris’parents are not the typical Baby Boomer
- And so much more!
Important Mentions From This Episode (with links):
- Chris Brogan’s website
- “Content Will Never Be King” blog post
- Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth
- Chris’ Sunday email newsletter
- His famous “Overnight Success” video
- Chris’ parents website
- Rick Astley singing “Uptown Funk” in London
- “99 Problems” by Jay-Z & Linkin Park
- Become an Idea Machine by Claudia Altucher
Thank you for listening!
Thank you so very much for checking out the podcast and hanging out with Chris and I. There are so many other shows out there, so the fact that you took the time to listen in really means a lot!
Now if you enjoyed the show, I would be extremely grateful if you would go to iTunes and give an honest rating and review for this podcast. Ratings are very important when it comes to overall rankings and especially availability of the show for more people to enjoy.
And I do in fact read every review because your feedback is valuable and it’s important that we focus on providing the best content we can to our audience.
And please don’t forget to subscribe to Gen X Amplified in iTunes, if you haven’t already. That way, you will get updated each and every time a new episode is made available.
Also, if you could – share this episode on any social networks you see here at the bottom of this post, that would be awesome.
Again, thanks so much, and until next time – all the best to your success!
Gen X Amplified – It’s more than a podcast. It’s a movement.