Are you starting to think about your goals for next year? Have you thought about what your life should be like 5-years from now? Well, now is the time to really start planning – not just your goals for next year. But also your life and business in five years. What is your 2020 vision?
To help dive more into this topic, I am introducing the very first SOLO episode of Gen X Amplified! This time, it’s just me having a conversation with you on this very important and relevant topic, especially for Gen Xers. And, I will also provide more insights on the overall mission of the podcast.
So are you ready? Let’s do it!
Too often, we find ourselves waiting until the beginning of the year to set our goals. Also, many times we only think short-term, and focus on the current or upcoming year.
To really make the most of establishing our goals, we should look ahead – and then reverse engineer. Where is it that we want to be in the long-run? What are the key steps we need to take in order to get there. I recommend focusing a long-term vision of five years, and then working back from there. In five years, it will be the year 2020. Do YOU have 2020 vision?
Also, at the beginning of this episode, I discuss a little about my background, and why I decided to launch this podcast/movement – particularly for the Gen X community.
- Why thinking “long-term” FIRST, is very effective when it comes to goal setting.
- Why you should absolutely write down your goals.
- The importance of having an “accountability partner” to help you reach your goals.
- Why goals should be actionable and measurable.
- The five main categories of long-term goals that are relevant to Gen Xers.
- Why NOW is the best time to start your own business (even as a side hustle) to help you achieve your financial goals.
- And so much more!
Resources from this Episode:
- Episode #16 – My interview with Jay Papasan, author of The ONE Thing
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s article on “reverse engineering”
- My coaching/consulting page