If you think you’re good at delivering great customer service, then you will be surprised that your customers may not agree. Well, our featured guest on Gen X Amplified will explain why that is the case. We are joined by Jay Baer, who is a world renowned marketing and customer service speaker.
He is also the author of the forthcoming book Hug Your Haters, and he’s here to explain why many brands are unfortunately embracing an outdated approach to customer service that does not meet the minimum threshold in today’s digital media landscape.
Subscribe to Gen X Amplified!
Jay Baer a marketing and online customer service expert and keynote speaker who has advised more than 700 brands since 1994, including Caterpillar, Nike, Allstate, The United Nations and 32 of the Fortune 500. He is also considered the world’s “most retweeted person” among digital marketers.
He is a renowned business strategist, keynote speaker and the New York Times best-selling author of five books including his newest publication – Hug Your Haters – the first truly modern book on customer service and customer experience.
Jay is also the founder of Convince & Convert, a strategy consulting firm that helps prominent companies gain and keep more customers through the smart intersection of technology, social media, and customer service. Also through his media division of his consulting firm, Jay oversees publishing a content marketing blog, a daily email newsletter and is the co-host of the top-rated Social Pros podcast.
Jay is here to deep dive into Hug Your Haters and why companies should not, and I repeat….NOT ignoring complaints from their customers, especially in this current digital and social marketplace. He also outlines his guiding framework on how to deliver outstanding customer service which will result in remarkable customer experiences.
Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- Why getting involved in the internet during its infancy was one of Jay’s best decisions he’s ever made
- Understand why customer service is really the “new marketing”
- What are the new platforms of customer service in this digital world
- Why companies should answer every complaint, in every channel, every time
- Why Chick-Fil-A is a great example of a company that provides exceptional customer service
- What is the Jay Baer rule of “reply only twice”
- How the principles of Hug Your Haters can apply to personal brands and not just companies
- And plenty more!
Awesome Resources from this Episode:
- Jay Baer’s website
- Hug Your Haters website
- Hug Your Haters on Amazon
- Convince and Convert
- USA Today 2015’s Customer Service “Hall of Fame“
Jay’s Personal Theme Songs!
- (Hug Your Haters) “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
- (Youtility) “Give It Away” by Red Hot Chili Peppers