How does someone leave their job as a lawyer in New Jersey, sell their house, pack their bags, and move with his family all the way to Florida -to pursue a career rooted in their passion for all things Walt Disney?
Well Lou Mongello did it, and he is CRUSHING it as an entrepreneur. And he is here on Gen X Amplified to talk all about his love and career as a Disney expert.
Click below to subscribe!
Lou Mongello is an author, historian, speaker, podcaster, and Disney Expert. For many years he was actually an attorney living in New Jersey – but he left practicing law to follow his dream of sharing his love for Walt Disney World.
He is now the host of the top-ranked podcast WDW Radio, which is dedicated to enhance the appreciation for the Walt Disney World parks – so visitors can be better prepared have an outstanding experience. WDW Radio has also been awarded the “Best Travel” podcast for 9 years straight since 2006.
Lou is also the author of the book, 102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World, which is both in print and digital formats.
In addition to his business activities, Lou founded the Dream Team Project to help grant the wishes children with serious illnesses to visit Walt Disney World through the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America, and has raised more than $250,000 to date.
A social media pioneer and influencer, Lou connects with his loyal audiences (he prefers to say “friends”) via a variety of online social networks, and also hosts monthly meet-ups in Walt Disney World and around the country.
As one of the leading authorities on Disney, Lou is frequently interviewed for his expertise – on outlets such as USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Business, Parenting Magazine, and others.
We’re so excited to chat with Lou as our featured guest on this episode of Gen X Amplified. During our conversation, Lou talks about his journey from being a lawyer, to trusting his instincts and embracing his knowledge and love for Disney – and then turning that into a lucrative career.
Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- How Lou first became fascinated with the wonders and magic of Walt Disney World.
- What was the original name of Lou’s Disney-related podcast?
- How you can stand out in a competitive market because of your unique personal brand and story.
- The reason why Lou puts more priority on the quality on content he produces and providing value, and does not focus on subscriber and download numbers.
- Why having the support of your family can be the best fuel as an entrepreneur.
- Why you should treat your audience and customers as true “friends”.
- How everyone now has the tools to translate their passion, experience, and expertise into a business in this new media economy.
- And so much more!
Awesome Resources from this Episode:
- WDW Radio
- Lou Mongello’s personal website
- 102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World by Lou Mongello
- Lou Mongello on Twitter
- Lou Mongello on Facebook
- “The Best Time of Your Life (Now is the Time)” by Richard and Robert Sherman
- FREE Download – “10 Tools Every Entrepreneur Needs in this New Media Marketplace.”