For this new solo episode of Gen X Amplified, I focus on how success, achieving your goals, and overall greatness can only happen, after you have truly put the work in . Particularly, what I call having some P.E.P. – preparation, execution, and patience.
Subscribe to Gen X Amplified!
Whenever we want to achieve a new goal, learn a new skill, or become successful in general – we tend to want to rush the end result. We want to be great, much sooner than later. We want success and we want it now!
Well that is a very unrealistic and ineffective approach. True success and true greatness doesn’t happen overnight. It requires us to put the work in.
For example – think about a box of cake mix. On the front of the box, you see the nice picture of the finished product – the fluffy and moist cake. But in order to get to that finished cake, you have to turn the box over for the baking instructions and follow the recipe. You must take all of the essential ingredients, mix them together, turn up some heat, put it in the oven, and then wait for the cake to bake. This same principle applies when it comes to achieving greatness in life.
- Why being intentional with preparation and taking action is key.
- Why achieving success and greatness is very similar to baking a cake.
- The importance of understanding how your experience, expertise, passions, insights, and relationships can be used to reach your goals.
- And so much more!
Resources from this Episode:
- My personal website – adrionporter.com
- Episode 029: Brian Solis on Designing Exceptional Customer Experiences